Cross Console Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you like/don't like about Christianity today?

5 posters

Go down

What do you like/don't like about Christianity today? Empty What do you like/don't like about Christianity today?

Post by r3vo1ution1991 Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:49 pm

I'll start with my dislikes, then I'll say my likes:

Dislikes: Politics becoming intertwined with Christianity (the Religious Right Movement), the idea of "tradition" being more important than progress/being Christ-like, stupid things like the World Vision debacle tarnishing the image of Christianity

Likes: How loving/concerned with social justices the younger generation is showing, how accommodating the older generation is to the younger in the church (at least the churches I've been to), how we are moving towards a movement of loving people rather than condemning them

Share your thoughts!
r3vo1ution1991
r3vo1ution1991

Back to top Go down

What do you like/don't like about Christianity today? Empty Re: What do you like/don't like about Christianity today?

Post by bmore_80 Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:36 pm

Ill play Smile

Dislikes: The idea that sin has any power over us, the idea that is is our job to tell people how horrible they are, the idea that homosexuality is somehow worse then other sins, the obsession with erasing sin from our lives while we ignore the needs of the poor. Soooooo much more lol

Likes: I agree Rev, the new generation has started to walk away from the old school legalism and started to open their eyes and that makes me happy.
bmore_80
bmore_80
Admin

Back to top Go down

What do you like/don't like about Christianity today? Empty Re: What do you like/don't like about Christianity today?

Post by XristosKurios Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:42 pm

I'll give my two cents, too.

Dislikes: That anyone can call themselves Christians, but many of us don't necessarily live up to it becoming a disciple of Christ. Coming to God is more trying to get a free pass out of Hell (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but --> ) instead of giving God the glory He deserves. The lack of general Biblical knowledge (I'm talking about when people throw out watered down Scripture or taken way out of context or not even in the Bible at all.) Christians judge nonbelievers harshly, yet we are not supposed to hold them under the same standard as we are to helping keep fellow Christians accountable.

Likes: Seeing a movement to rise, help, and love others in need despite minor and major persecution. Now there is less of a "Fire and Brimstone" Gospel and more of a "Hate the sin, Love the sinners" way of sharing the Gospel. People are wanting to learn more about God.
XristosKurios
XristosKurios

Back to top Go down

Post by Vulture Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:22 pm

Dislikes: Watered down messages that promote the idea that God is going to make your life wonderful and carefree while here on Earth; "Christians" that only label themselves that way yet continue to live in their filthy old ways; "Only God can judge me." ... such a false notion
There is much more....

Likes: Loving relationship with God/Jesus/Holy Spirit which is really what sets Christianity apart from other religions; fellowship with other Believers; hearing testimonies; being able to turn to God for anything knowing that He will help
there is much much more...
Vulture
Vulture
Admin

http://www.digoutreach.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by zmjourner Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:47 pm

Dislikes: Lack of respect/knowledge of God's holy word. If we could solve this, I believe all the other problems would solve themselves. We would have no division, have a lot less false prophets that spread their doctrines and commandments of men, etc etc.

Likes: That God is always the same, and that he warned us about all the bad things that were/will/are going to happen.

zmjourner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down