Cross Console Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CCG Hangout Ep 1

4 posters

Go down

CCG Hangout Ep 1 Empty CCG Hangout Ep 1

Post by JordanKicks23 Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:16 am

So in the first episode, Drew and the guys talked about the new console generation and their feedback on how things are going and where the respective companies are at thus far. It also served as an introduction to some of our founding members. What were your thoughts and what did you like/dislike about episode one?
JordanKicks23
JordanKicks23

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=150394806&trk=nav_re

Back to top Go down

CCG Hangout Ep 1 Empty Re: CCG Hangout Ep 1

Post by SvenExChao Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:22 am

Okay you know how you were all like "this needs a name yo", well here's the best one: Cross Console Chat

Think about it, remember with the ps3/xbox360 generation when one of the buzzwords was "cross game chat"... well it's like that but even better.

So boom.

Also if you want your hangout-casts to be truly great, you need more hipster. Hipster levels are dangerously low.  Wink 
SvenExChao
SvenExChao

https://facebook.com/dyingblynd

Back to top Go down

Post by JordanKicks23 Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:24 am

One portion of the show I wanted to take a second to stand up for is that of the media formats. I was enraged when Microsoft initially announced it's plans for Xbox One and still it bothers me that the thoughts crossed their mind. I am definitely an Xbox guy as I got so hooked into achievements. That said, before the 360, I was all Sony. Owning the Xbox One, I see myself viewing both consoles as on a level playing field now. Achievements have by and large become irrelevant on next gen, and that was a major draw for me.

Anyways, back to the media discussion. The guys are exactly right in that media is going to a streaming/digital standard, and I may be in the minority but I HATE this, and in the worst way. I am not the type of person to collect a library of games. As Drew mentioned, I play something until I am done with it. eBay is one of my favorite websites, when I am done with a game, I get back what I can for it and use it on the next one. Using eBay has allowed me to snub companies like Gamestop. Instead of getting pennies on the dollar, I can buy a game new, play it for a couple months, and sell it for $40. Also, why should I pay $60 for a digital game and get no tangible product. I am not a fan of having things stored, again, I know that is the minority.

I think digital media comes from a PC gamer mindset. I don't game on the PC, never have, never will. I am a huge Mac fan, I don't use computers to play video games on them, to me, that's what consoles are for. Anyone else feel this way or am I really out there on an island haha?
JordanKicks23
JordanKicks23

Back to top Go down

Post by JordanKicks23 Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:25 am

Oh also, Rob, I may be interested in taking that Google Glass code from ya Wink
JordanKicks23
JordanKicks23

Back to top Go down

Post by bmore_80 Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:30 pm

I agree with you Jordan, I am 100% against the digital gaming media swing.

I had an Xbox and then a 360, I was an Xbox guy for a long time, but what MS tried to do @ E3 completely changed things for me.

When I pay for a game I want a physical copy I can hold,resell, borrow, and share.

After E3 I preordered a PS4 and never looked back.

MS really shot themselves in the foot and the sales numbers show it, they let Sony back in the game and its seems Sony is taking advantage of that opportunity.
bmore_80
bmore_80
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RCPD Rookie Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:49 pm

SvenExChao wrote:Okay you know how you were all like "this needs a name yo", well here's the best one: Cross Console Chat 

Unfortunately it looks like that name is taken. Cross Platform Gamers calls their podcast "Cross Console Chat". I don't know what type of smilie I should follow that statement with.

RCPD Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by SvenExChao Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:03 pm

No fair, the totally stole that name from me, time traveled to the past, and used it. Thanks Obama...
SvenExChao
SvenExChao

https://facebook.com/dyingblynd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down